If you need to travel to Madison to receive an abortion, Patient Stays Wisconsin is here to help with free accommodation for your time spent away from home. We can provide you with information, support, and a safe place to stay during this process.
An initiative of NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin, Patient Stays Wisconsin is dedicated to providing free, safe accommodation to abortion patients in Madison. Through our service, patients are given a private room in the homes of screened, trained volunteers.
Due to the 24-hour waiting period between your counseling appointment and the abortion procedure, the standard stay is two nights.
Our hosts are equipped to provide:
- A private room
- Transportation to and from the clinic
- Hot meals
- Emotional support, if needed
- Aftercare supplies
- Room for a friend, partner, children, or pet
- Childcare, if needed
Book Your Stay
All you need to do is follow these three easy steps:
- Schedule your first appointment at Planned Parenthood Madison East clinic.
- Book your stay with a Patient Stays host.
- Wait for our team to contact you with the details of your stay.
You will be provided with your own room, home cooked meals and all the privacy and support you need.
Support This Program
You can help us sustain this program and offer resources like gas money for patients by making a tax-deductible donation.
Please note, we are not currently accepting applications for new hosts.