2018-2019 Campus Representative Internship
Benefits: $1500 stipend for the school year (September-May). Total weekly hours will be negotiated with supervisor based on projects and assignments.
Summary: NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin is looking for a motivated, inspirational, pro-choice student to take on the role of Campus Representative. The Campus Representative will educate their fellow students about reproductive rights issues in the state of Wisconsin and mobilize the campus community to take political action. NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin will be flexible in creating a plan with the Campus Representative that will best fit the needs of the UW-Madison campus.
1. Organize tabling events, informational sessions, campaigns around reproductive health issues to educate campus on relevant issues that emphasize and practice inclusivity (sex education, STI prevention, healthy relationships, etc.).
2. Recruit fellow student activists to get involved in events and volunteering.
3. Register students to vote and educate them on upcoming elections.
4. Collaborate with other student organizations on events and/or campaigns across campus to facilitate collective action and inclusivity.
5. Participate in NARAL National Days of Action.
6. Assist NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin in our efforts to promote specific pieces of pro-choice legislation or to oppose anti-choice attacks at the state level.
7. Organize an event independently or in coalition in honor of the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.
Qualifications: This internship spans the academic year and is performed on campus and in the surrounding community. A commitment to reproductive rights and strong communication and interpersonal skills are required. Interns must be able to work independently with regular supervision and assistance.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter detailing your interest, relevant experience, and other skills that might contribute to this position. Also include an additional 2-paragraph summary describing two ideas for engaging students on campus regarding these issues. These documents should be sent as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2018. Please contact us if you have any questions about the internship or NARAL Pro-Choice Wisconsin.